The whole chateau thing keeps getting stranger. My client finally insisted in speaking directly with the listing agent. Fine with me. they’re both French and I’m sure whoever yells the loudest will win. Apparently it was my client because I got a message from the listing agent that we have an appointment on Friday at 2 pm. Progress!
But wait … I got another call from the listing agent. She spoke with the owner sho told her she has received an offer for the asking price through an agency in Lezignan. If my clients want to see the house they have to be told that they need to offer 50,000 euros more than the asking price.
Before I had a chance to talk with my client I got another call from the listing agent. She has to be at a Notaire’s office for the signing of a compromis on Friday so she has to reschedule the appointment. I left a message for my client but haven’t heard back yet.
Stay tuned. I wonder what will happen tomorrow.