Enter early and enter often
Win a 30.00 euro Amazon gift certificate – enter the Aude France "Name a Food Blog" contest
Help me name a blog. Brainstorming by myself just isn’t that much fun. Think of a name for a food blog. You could be the winner of a 30 euro Amazon gift certificate from the Amazon site of your choice.
The contest closes on February 15th, 2007 at midnight my time – same as Paris time.
You be the judge
"Name a Food Blog" contest
Prizes, We’ve Got Prizes!
- If you win you’ll get a 30 euro (in equivalent currency of your choice) Amazon gift certificate (from the Amazon site of your choice) to use any way that you want. I had thought of saying that it was to buy a cookbook but that seemed a bit bossy, even for me!
- Four runners-up will get a book from my library. I’ll even let you choose the genre. The choice of runners-up will be pretty arbitrary.
- Keep it short. 4 words maximum. 5 words if it’s brilliant. (Possibly selling real estate is colouring my thinking. "What’s your absolute maximum budget?" " 200,000 euros maximum, 250,000 if it’s really special")
- It should be food or cooking related.
- It needs to be original to win because I’ll need to register the domain name with a .com registration. You don’t need to worry about that but it will effect the choice of the winning name. That means that something like "Beans & Rice" would turn into www.beanandrice.com or www.beans-and-rice.com. (That’s a truly bad example – see why I need help?)
- Keep it clean. Submit those great double entendres anyway though. You won’t win the the gift certificate but it’ll make me laugh and you may win a book.
- This is an exercise in virtual brainstorming – take a look at the other entries for inspiration.
- Feel free to comment on other people’s entries but be kind. Cruel may be funny sometimes but it isn’t nice.
- If you win you agree that I get the copyright to the blog name in exchange for the Amazon gift certificate.
- You’re the judges. You vote for the winner.
- The contest closes at midnight my time – same as Paris time – on February 15, 2007. (That gives me time to figure out how to put a poll on Aude France.)
- Sometime in the following week I’ll post a poll of the finalists and you vote for the winner. The poll will be open for 48 hours. Everyone gets one vote.
- The winner and runners-up will be announced on Aude France and on Birth of a Blog.
Who can enter the NAFB contest?
You all can enter. Anyone is eligible to win. Employees of Amazon are eligible, my family members are eligible, your family members are eligible, no restrictions. (One restriction, no spam bots)
How do I enter the NAFB contest?
- Submit a comment to this post. Just scroll past the end of the post to the comment box. It’s easiest for me to keep track of entries if you put the name – your entry – on the first line.
- Feel free to expound on how you arrived at the name if you want.
- One name per entry/comment but you can enter as often as you want.
What if I know someone who’d be brilliant at this?
If you know someone who’s articulate, witty, and creative and you think they’d enjoy the contest you can e-mail them a link to this post. Just click on the "Email this" link at the end of the post and then fill in the little form.
(If it’s a single, witty, articulate, creative man, over 45, you could send him to me)
Limber up those fingers and hit the keyboard. Enter early and enter often. First entry wins a book from my collection.
Stop lurking Richard, send a name!