Need chefs who can write – or not write.
Originally published on January 8, 2007
Do you know any chefs? Do your kids know any chefs? Maybe your friends do. I need your help finding a chef – 5, 6, or 7 chefs, actually.
I’m about to start a cooking and food related blog (because I want to be the billionth person to have a food blog) and I need chefs to either write posts or to tell me the info and have me write the posts. Probably one post a week from each, depending on how many chefs I can find.
Doesn’t matter where they live, this is a connected world.
Here’s a surprise – I can’t pay actual money up front but will be monetizing the site and will be splitting the revenue. It’s not a get rich quick approach (if you know any of those let me know) but should build a steady revenue stream over time. It’ll probably take at least 6 months for the blog to build a readership.
It is an opportunity for a chef to blog without the work of having a blog and to build some credibility. Of course I’m happy to work with chefs who are already famous, as long as I make a ton of money too.
What kind of person am I looking for?
- A chef who loves to cook (duh!) and loves helping non-chefs.
- Someone who will commit to about 3 hours a week.
- Great if they can write so we can hear their voice but if they can’t I’ll write the post from their info.
- A chef with access to a computer and some degree of computer literacy
- Someone who can scale their advice to recipes and instructions for small meals and kitchens as opposed to restaurant cooking.
- Native English speaker or fluent English speaker
- Ask the chef blog
- Pantry basics
- Kitchen equipment – pots and pans, knives, small appliances
- Suggestions to update old favourites – eventually based on questions and requests from readers
- Seasonal ingredients
- What can I maker for dinner if this is all I have in the house – based on requests from readers
- Other stuff – what would you like to see on a food blog?
- Real estate sales in France
- Web designer blogger
- Not a bad cook
- Do you know any chefs? Ask them if they’re interested, at least in knowing more and send them this post
- Enter my name the Aude France "Name a Foof Blog" contest – there are actual prizes!
- Send a link to this post to anyone that you think might know a chef
- Send a link to this post to anyone who might want to buy a house in the south of France
For more info please e-mail me