Do you live in the Aude – or the Herault? Are you a writer? Would you like to write occasional blog posts for Aude France? I’m looking for some help.
You probably know that I’m living in Toronto. I miss the Aude but I now have two grandsons and I wouldn’t miss being here to watch them grow for anything; I think I was born to be a grandmother.
If you’ve followed Aude France for a while you’ll have noticed that I don’t post very regularly anymore. I’d like to but just don’t seem to have the
motivation inspiration. I’m not ready to pack it in though. Hence the call for writers.
Maybe there are people out there who would like to write guest posts but not have the responsibility of actually running a blog. Maybe that’s you! Maybe it’s someone you know.
What’s involved in writing posts for AudeFrance?
- You can write as many posts as you want, I’d like to have a minimum of one per month.
- You can write about pretty much anything that relates to the Aude (or the Minervois in the Herault)
- There is no magic number of words but I’d recommend keeping it under 1,000.
- It’s good to include pictures but don’t worry about it. I have access to hundreds of images so we can always find one to include.
- Write in your voice but keep it fairly casual.
- It’s a bonus if you’re familiar with WordPress but it’s not a requirement. I’m happy to help you learn to use it.
What’s in it for you?
- You get to practice writing.
- You’ll learn to use WordPress.
- If you have a website we’ll link to that from your articles (as long as it isn’t a real estate site).
- I’ll buy you a glass or two of wine when I’m in France.
You’ll be rich and famous.
How do I get started?
- Write a sample post and email it to me – email@example.com.
- The post doesn’t have to be long – 300 to 500 words.
- If you’re new to the site take some time and read a few posts so that you have a sense of the blog.
The fine print
You’re free to publish anything you write for Aude France anywhere else on line but I do ask that you include a link back to Aude France.
I get to be the final arbiter of taste and topics.
If you’re sort of interested but not sure if it’s for you or if you aren’t sure what to write about or if you have any questions drop me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.